Swing and Shine 2016
A Catskills Square Dance to benefit The Ashokan Center
and the Woodstock School of Art
Saturday, April 16, 2016
with outdoor fun and crafts from 3:00-5:00pm
Regional moonshine tasting, a sumptuous dinner, and a silent art auction followed by music & square dancing
with Jay & Molly and the Catskill Mountaineers, featuring Tony Trischka, Cindy Cashdollar, Colin McCaffrey and caller Peter Blue.
at The Ashokan Center
477 Beaverkill Rd., Olivebridge, NY
(18 and under $75)
For more information, call Rachel Roozen at 845-647-8333 ext. 10
Tentative Event Schedule
- Optional Outdoor/Craft Activities 3:00pm
- Bring your children for a fun, adventurous day with Ashokan instructors, including colonial crafts, a scrumptious meal, a movie and evening activities while you enjoy a night out with friends!
- Cocktails/Moonshine Sampling 5:00pm
- Sumptuous Dinner 6:00pm
- Silent Art Auction 6:30pm
- Music & Dancing 8:00 to 9:30pm
- Optional Sunday Breakfast 8:30-9:30am
- Optional Sunday Guided Nature Walk/Campus Tour
Tickets include all Saturday afternoon events, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We encourage everyone to join us at 3:00pm for outdoor fun and colonial crafts for all ages. Blacksmithing, broom making, art classes, and a Cathedral Falls hike – are scheduled for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Saturday night lodging at The Ashokan Center and breakfast on Sunday morning is also available. See registration page for details or inquire at email@example.com or call Rachel Roozen at 845.657.8333 ext. 10.
Fun, festive and/or country attire is suggested for the square dance!