The Supervisor reports to the Education Director and is responsible for organizing and supervising all Ashokan school field trips and education staff. This person ensures that excellent customer service and an overall quality experience are provided for each group that participates in the program. In addition to teaching and leadership experience, the successful candidate demonstrates a passion for education along with a knowledge of child development especially with children in grades 4th-6th. In addition, strong interpersonal skills as well as organization and computer skills, verbal and written communication are essential.
- Plan, book and schedule all school programs, as well as education programming for retreats and camps.
- Serve as liaison between the school and Ashokan, send out contracts, program packets and all necessary material.
- Develop and maintain systems to track feedback from schools.
- Work with Education Director and Coordinator to design programs and staff development.
- Collaborate with other Ashokan departments to provide staffing and programming (Music & Dance Camps, retreats, weddings, etc).
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Work with the Education Director to develop a yearly operational budget.
- Work with the Education Director to hire, supervise and mentor education staff.
- Perform other tasks as determined by the Education Director.
Candidates must have a BA or BS degree in one of the following: environmental science, adventure/outdoor education, natural history, history, music and art.
Teaching and leadership experience working in educational/interpretive settings with elementary/middle school students.