Do you love music, nature and children? The Ashokan Center, a 501c (3) not for profit, is looking for a bright, energetic, customer service/detail oriented and flexible individual to fill the position of Housekeeper.
This is a full-time hourly position with the possibility of working late or over the weekend. You will report directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor and be responsible for the day-to-day and after hours cleaning and care of the facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, and mopping of all floors as needed
- In charge of vacuuming equipment; vacuum and clean floors as needed
- Dispose of trash from bins and containers
- Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
- Clean and sanitize sinks, basins, bathtubs, showers, and toilets in private and public bathrooms
- Change and launder linens
- Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as needed
- Keep all public spaces neat and tidy
- Report repairs and replacements needed when encountered
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred
2 weeks’ vacation
9 paid holidays
You must have a valid drivers’ license and pass a criminal background check. References are required.
Please send or email a resume, references, contact information, and best time to call to firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Olivebridge, NY on 385 acres of fields, forests, trails, and streams, the Ashokan Center has provided high quality, innovative outdoor education programs for K-12 school students and teachers for over 50 years. Ashokan is the home of the world renowned Ashokan Music & Dance programs and also hosts retreats, weddings, as well as a variety of public events, performances and lectures.