COVID-19 Guest Protocol
Safety for our Guests
At Ashokan, all visitors will have their temperatures screened using non-contact thermometers. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher will not be permitted onto Ashokan property. Also, anyone who is traveling in the same vehicle with an individual with a temperature of 100.0 degrees or higher will not be permitted on property, and will not be able to stay in the lodges, for the safety of our guests and team. We will not be able to coordinate alternate accommodations for guests who are denied access to Ashokan due to a temperature screening.
In advance of arrival, all guests will be asked the following wellness screening questions on a digital questionnaire that is delivered via email 48 hrs prior to check-in.
TRAVEL ADVISORY: On our wellness screening questionnaire and pursuant to New York State Executive Order No. 205, we are asking each guest to affirm that they have not traveled from a state with a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19 within the last two weeks. Please review the list of restricted states on the NY Department of Health website – https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
All guests will need to answer the questionnaire fully and truthfully to gain access to the property:
- Within the last 2 weeks, have you experienced any of the following symptoms including: fever of 100 degrees or greater, cough or shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle aches, or loss of taste and/or smell?
- Within the last 2 weeks, have you been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Within the last 2 weeks, have you been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any new and unexplained symptoms noted above?
- Within the last 2 weeks, have you traveled to New York from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% test positivity rate, over a seven day rolling average? – https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
If you anticipate answering “yes” to any of these questions, please do not travel to Ashokan at this time.
Should any guest arrive and answer “yes” to any of the four questions, that individual and everyone traveling in the same vehicle with that individual will not be permitted onto Ashokan property and will not be able to stay in the lodges, for the safety of our guests and team.
Ashokan staff will be using non-contact thermometers on all arriving guests to confirm temperatures.
The same wellness screening questions and temperature check procedures will be required for every staff member before being permitted onto Ashokan property to begin their shift.
There will be immediate quarantining of guests who are showcasing symptoms of COVID-19
Upon entering the property, all people will be required to wear a facemask when in any public area of the Ashokan Center and anytime when the required six foot distancing from others cannot be maintained, as has been ordered by the Governor on April 17, 2020. In other words, you must wear your mask when walking through the halls of the Esopus, Sycamore and Red Maple lodges or in any other public area. Outdoors and on the hiking trails, your mask must be with you at all times and visibly, at the ready, and you must cover your nose and mouth if you are approaching others who are not in your travel party.
The Ashokan Center has always maintained an aggressive housekeeping regimen and our reputation of cleanliness has been exemplary. Even so, we are taking extra precautions when it comes to the sanitization of our property, especially at high touch-point public areas.
- We sanitize frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, light switches, press bars, water fountain, railings, etc. frequently throughout the day.
- Tables and benches in the dining room are cleaned and sanitized after each use
- Air sanitizers are used frequently throughout the day in all public spaces.
- All public restrooms are cleaned and sanitized several times a day.
- We sanitize all board games, sports equipment, and sound equipment before and after use.
- All Ashokan vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized before and after use
- Your guest room will be sanitized using hospital-grade cleaners before it is considered clean and ready for check-in.
- Once you’ve arrived, our housekeeping team will not re-enter your room for daily housekeeping service unless you specifically request these services.
- Products being used
- Lysol, sterifab and PRO5
- Lysol and Pro5 are on the CDC website. Sterifab is a viricide, fungicide, mildewcide, germicide, deodorant, bactericide, and insecticide.
- Single use gloves are used at all times when cleaning
- Hand sanitizer (minimum 60% alcohol) is available in all buildings
- Lysol, sterifab and PRO5
Health and safety protocol for Ashokan staff
The continued health and safety of our staff is our utmost priority. Here’s what you can expect for our team:
- Approved personal protection equipment (PPE) will be supplied to all employees
- Staff members will be required to wear face coverings until further notice
- Gloves will be required by kitchen & beverage staff according to Department of Health guidelines
- Continual and enhanced training for all staff on cleanliness and physical distancing standards
- Frequent and proper handwashing will be required by all staff members
- All offices and back-of-house spaces will be sanitized thoroughly and frequently
- Wellness Screenings will be required for all staff members in order to be permitted on property to begin their shift