Job Type: Full time Hourly
Pay: Hourly wage is based on experience.
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 2 Weeks of Vacation, 9 Holidays
Mission: To inspire learning and build community through shared experiences in nature, history, music & art.
The Ashokan Center seeks a positive, communicative individual who enjoys collaborating across generations with creative artists, educators, and event organizers. Applicants with a strong background in communications, media, writing, and technology are encouraged to apply.
- Strategize and implement all Ashokan organic and paid social media posts and ads
- Gather and interpret information from campaigns and provide detailed reports to event organizers.
- Support the Events, Education, and Development departments by writing content for website and email campaigns including monthly events newsletter, quarterly education newsletter, and multiple annual fundraising appeals
- Collaborate with Content Manager, Graphic Designer, and event organizers to compose and improve graphic content for emails, website, social posts, and advertising
- Write press releases to deliver to press, radio, and other media outlets, with personalized pitches and follow-up to build relationships and future strategies
- Coordinate phone interviews, live radio appearances, on-site event coverage, and site tours for press
- Coordinate with Tech Manager to maintain up-to-date and well-targeted email audiences
- Email all advertising invoices to Accounting department
- Work directly with Managing Director to develop and update annual marketing budget
- Experience working in digital marketing (social media, Meta business tools, email marketing, SEO, Google Ads, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity graphic design, web design
This job will include a combination of remote and on-site work, which may evolve over time. Remote work requires reliable internet at home. On-site work station is in a shared office space.
How to Apply
Please complete online application with cover letter and resume and examples of your writing and/or successful marketing materials you have created. Cover letter should include a statement of your experience and related skills and interests.
If you have any questions or concerns, email Director of Community Outreach email@example.com