Are you passionate about nature, children and music? The Ashokan Center, a 501c (3) not for profit, is looking for a bright, reliable, energetic, flexible, customer service and detail-oriented Education Administrative Associate.
This is a part-time hourly position that generally works Monday to Friday within business hours, and sometimes involves working late or over the weekend. This position will play a pivotal role in administrative tasks for Ashokan field trips, and is responsible for the education department’s recordkeeping, calendar management, and trip inquiries. This position will start with a fair amount of training in person, and can then shift to become a more hybrid and flexible role. This position also has potential for growth and to turn into a full-time position after a period of review. This is a unique opportunity to work at an exciting and innovative community-based organization that celebrates nature, music, the arts & history.
Located in Olivebridge, NY on 385 acres of fields, forests, trails, and streams, the Ashokan Center is a magical place that has provided high quality, innovative environmental education programs for K-12 school students and teachers for over 50 years. We also host retreats, weddings, public events, concerts, lectures, and the world renowned Ashokan Music & Dance Camps.
Pay Rate: $17 – 18 an hour based on experience
Hours: 25 – 30 hours a week to start
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary contact person and customer service support on behalf of Ashokan for school staff and administrators
- Oversee registration process for all residential and day school groups, and ensure that contracts and paperwork are sent out and complete
- Provide the Finance Department with billing and relevant supporting documentation for all school groups
- Conduct other administrative tasks as needed, and develop planning documents as needed to reflect new programs, fees, procedures, etc.
- Communicate important logistical information to other departments
- Ensure schools and educators receive schedules in advance of trips
- Work in partnership with the education team to develop and maintain systems to improve efficiency of program coordination process including distributing and receiving important documents from schools, and helping other staff develop efficient systems that will assist them with their tasks
- Other duties as assigned by the Education Leadership Team
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Able to take phone calls and respond to emails in a timely fashion
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- 1 year minimum of administrative and customer service experience preferred
- Proficiency in programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Passion for community, nature, history, music, and the arts
- 3 references are required
- Working with a creative, collaborative, fun-loving staff
- Meals provided on program days
- All staff training sessions including safety and emergency response are paid
- Access to Ashokan’s 385-acre preserve
- Free admission to all Ashokan festivals, concerts, and lectures