Sunday, June 26th -
Saturday, July 2nd
Jay Ungar & Molly Mason host a fun and friendly full-week of vintage Jazz, Swing, Western-Swing, Country, and everything in between. Enjoy a week of music and friendship in a gorgeous natural setting, with daytime classes, post-dinner jams and song swaps, evening dancing to hot live music, and special nights like Cabaret Night, Camper’s Night, and Honky Tonk. Staff includes: Randy Elmore, Junior Daugherty, Colin McCaffrey, Patti Casey, Don Julin, Cindy Overstreet, Steve Ryan, Laurel Massé, Vinnie Martucci, Harry Aceto, Peter Davis, Dave Davies, Tom Mitchell, Kevin Wimmer, Casey Carr, Billy Lang, and more TBA!
Jay Ungar & Molly Mason host a fun and friendly full-week of vintage Jazz, Swing, Western-Swing, Country, and everything in between. Enjoy a week of music and friendship in a gorgeous natural setting, with daytime classes, post-dinner jams and song swaps, evening dancing to hot live music, and special nights like Cabaret Night, Camper’s Night, and Honky Tonk.
Staff includes: Randy Elmore, Junior Daugherty, Colin McCaffrey, Patti Casey, Don Julin, Cindy Overstreet, Steve Ryan, Laurel Massé, Vinnie Martucci, Harry Aceto, Peter Davis, Dave Davies, Tom Mitchell, Kevin Wimmer, Casey Carr, Billy Lang, and more TBA!
Please self-select from our 3-tier registration based on your ability to pay. Thank you for supporting the Ashokan Center, this camp, and each other!
RANDY ELMORE – Texas-style and Western swing fiddle, songs
JUNIOR DAUGHERTY – western songs and fiddling
COLIN MCCAFFREY – classic country songs & singing, guitar, bass
PATTI CASEY – classic country songs & singing
JON JULIN – mandolin
CINDY OVERSTREET – swing, jazz and country western dances
STEVE RYAN – swing, jazz and country western dances,
LAUREL MASSÉ – singing swing, jazz and more
VINNIE MARTUCCI – swing and jazz piano
KEVIN WIMMER – swing violin, Stéphane and Djando Band
TOM MITCHELL – swing guitar, Stéphane and Djando Band
HARRY ACETO – bass
DAVE DAVIES – trombone, People’s Swing Band clinic
PETER DAVIS – swing and jazz clarinet, piano, music theory
CASEY CARR – calling squares and contras
BILLY LANG – drums, percussion
JAY UNGAR AND MOLLY MASON, Your Hosts!
Jay Ungar & Molly Mason are masters of music and storytelling who generously share their lives and their music with audiences. There are so many moments and strands to savor in the course of an evening of their music.
Jay’s fiddling is brimming with playfulness, drama, soulfulness and technical verve, as he explores the many musical styles and idioms that he has internalized and made his own. Molly’s total mastery and inventiveness on piano and guitar is always spot-on, as she supports the tunes and follows the flow of the melody. Her rich and expressive vocals along with the resonant strains of Jay’s violin, reveal the deep emotions that flow in the duos veins.
This protocol meets or exceeds current CDC and NY State Department of Health guidelines and is subject to revision based on changing conditions and changes in those guidelines. We’ll notify registered campers if there are any significant changes before camp begins.
We trust our caring community to find the right balance of caution and fun within these parameters, to make safe decisions, and to treat fellow campers with respect.
- Everyone is encouraged to provide proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival, regardless of vaccination status.
- We request that everyone tighten their exposure circle in the days before camp to limit the chance of exposure.
- If you test positive or come in close contact with someone who is Covid positive within 6 days of the start of the event, DO NOT attend.
- All refund requests due to Covid exposure or Covid-related concerns will be honored.
- Longhouse bunk rooms will be capped at 1/4 occupancy.
- Overall camp attendance will be limited to provide ample space for distancing.
- Upon arrival everyone will submit to a temperature check & rapid test administered by the camp nursing staff.
- Anyone who tests positive or develops symptoms consistent with Covid will be asked to leave the event and will be entitled to a refund.
- Masks are recommended while gathering indoors (except when eating or performing.) N-95 masks will be provided upon request.
- Weather permitting, all activities will be scheduled in covered outdoor locations. Both outdoor and indoor dining options are available.
- Whole room exhaust fans in the Performance Hall & Dining Hall will draw a constant stream of fresh air.
- Daily cleaning includes disinfectant for all door handles, tables, and any frequently touched surfaces.
Full payment is due no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of camp. Cancellations requested before that date will receive a full refund. COVID-related cancellation/refund requests will be honored at any date. All other cancellations will forfeit their deposit if requested after the full payment due date.
- 1pm: CAMPER ARRIVAL.
Follow signs to check-in. Please unload and then return your car to the main lot immediately. If you need your car nearby for health reasons, please request a special parking permit.
- 3pm: WELCOME GATHERING
- 4pm: MEET THE TEACHERS
- 6pm: DINNER
- 7:00pm: JAMS & ACTIVITIES
- 10pm: SNACK
- 8:30-9:30am: BREAKFAST
- 9:30-12:30pm: CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- 12:30-2pm: LUNCH
- 2-5pm: CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
- 5-6pm: OPEN MIC (Esopus Courtyard)
- 6-7pm: DINNER
- 7:30-10pm: CONCERTS & JAMS
- 10pm: SNACK & INFORMAL JAMMING
- 10am: BRUNCH
- 12-2pm: FAREWELL GATHERING
You may choose to pay up front or pay a deposit and balance. Balance payment is due 4 weeks before the event.
Registration includes all activities and meals. Lodging is optional and camping is free.
Children under 5 attend for free. Campers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
All meals are included. You may indicate your dietary restrictions when registering. We make every effort to include a range of allergen-free dishes and to inform diners of meal ingredients.
The Ashokan Center is licensed to serve beer and wine in Esopus Lodge (the main building). The bar is generally open from late afternoon to early evening. Sorry, by law, guests are prohibited from bringing their own alcoholic beverages into this licensed building.
LONGHOUSE BUNKS: Rooms hold up to 6 people (25% capacity) and are designated women, men, or mixed gender. Place your belongings on a top or bottom bunk after you check in to claim it. Pillows are available, please bring your own blankets, sheets, pillowcases, and towels. There are a small number of light blankets for those bunkhouse residents who are unable to bring one of their own. If you will need us to provide one, please let us know well in advance.
PRIVATE ROOMS: There are a limited number of private rooms that must be reserved in advance at extra charge. Pillows are available, please bring your own sheets, pillowcases, and towels. There are light quilts in each private room.
CAMPSITES: Camping is available with access to bathrooms and outdoor showers. Please park by your campsite only if you plan to leave your car in place for the duration of the camp.
- If you’re lodging with us please remember to bring a blanket and linens (or sleeping bag), towel, toiletries, soap, flashlight, earplugs (for light sleepers). There are light quilts in each private room and we have a small number of light blankets for bunkhouse residents who can’t bring one of their own. Let us know well in advance if you’ll need one.
- Flashlight, recording device, camera (or maybe those are all your phone!)
- Comfortable informal clothing for wet and dry weather. Some may also bring dressy, wild or fun clothing as well but that is up to you! There’s no laundry on site so bring enough clothes for the camp.
Please, no pets or drop-in guests.
Your Name c/o Ashokan Music & Dance
477 Beaverkill Rd,
Olivebridge, NY 12461
Outgoing mail leaves each weekday at 4pm.
Music & Dance Camp Phone (845) 657-8333 x 3
Cell phone reception is available but spotty. Calls may be dropped but texts are reliably received.
High speed Wi-Fi is available in all buildings.
Ashokan Center, 477 Beaverkill Rd, Olivebridge, NY 12461
Take NY State Thruway (1-87) to Kingston exit #19.
From traffic circle take Route 28 West (toward Pine Hill).
In 12 miles (shortly after Mobil & Citgo) turn left onto Reservoir Rd.
Cross the Ashokan Reservoir, turn left at the Tee.
Head down the hill, pass the first left (Rt 28A East) and merge onto 28A West.
Take next left onto Beaverkill Rd.
Follow Beaverkill for about one mile, then turn right into the Ashokan Center driveway and follow the signs.
AIRPORT Albany, NY (ALB) is the closest major airport (about 1.5 hours away). Public transportation is available from the airport to the Kingston bus station, where you can take a taxi to Ashokan. Or contact us at least one month before your program begins for a list of people driving from the Albany area who may be able to give you a ride.
If there are no camp spots or private rooms available above, you may add your name to this waitlist. If space opens up we will contact you.
<< Join the camp Facebook Group to connect with people who plan to attend and share photos and memories afterwards!